Sleep Diagnostic Test: Apnealink™
Home sleep testing made easy
ResMed’s new ApneaLinkTM Air provides healthcare professionals with a portable and easy-to-use home sleep testing device for patients who might have sleep disordered breathing. ApneaLink Air is a cost effective and convenient solution to test patients for sleep apnea in the comfort of their own bedroom. Testing patients in their own environment can help improve their experience and acceptance of the world of sleep apnea therapy right from the start.
ApneaLink Air is an easy to use solution that helps you improve your patient care
With a new stylish design, ApneaLink Air provides the performance and reliability of our trusted ApneaLink products in a more compact, lightweight, easy-to-use device. As a low-cost, portable sleep test device, the new ApneaLink Air is capable of recording up to five channels of information: respiratory effort, pulse, oxygen saturation, nasal flow and snoring.
Thanks to its new hardware, ApneaLink Air is now providing improved ease-of-use to both patients and healthcare professionals, while continuing to deliver the high quality results you expect from ResMed. Using this intuitive, cost-effective and reliable device will help you grow your business, increase your workflow efficiencies, and also provide improved patient care by delivering easy access to treatment.
ApneaLink Air Benefit
It has never been easier for patients to set up and use an ApneaLink device at home. With new light indicators and immediate feedback on device set-up and recording status, ApneaLink Air helps simplify the overnight sleep testing process.
Enhanced aesthetics with a new stylish compact design. Improved usability & security for both patients and healthcare professionals with:
- One touch operation with a new intuitive Start/Stop button
- Longer recording time and storage capability, up to 48 hours
- Test-complete light providing feedback on recording time to users
- Good signal indicators to help successful set-ups.
Advanced analysis features
Reliable automatic analysis includes:
- Apnea–hypopnea index (AHI), hypopnea index (HI), flow limitation, snoring and oxygen desaturation index (ODI)
- Manual scoring possibility for more detailed patient data
- Configurable analysis parameters allowing adjustment of thresholds.
Validated results meet the American Academy of Sleep Association (AASM) definitions for hypopnea scoring. Cheyne–Stokes probability detection helping determine when to refer patients for further in-lab diagnosis. Differentiation between obstructive and central apneas.
Information at a glance
Printable patient instructions when programming the device.
Flexible report options:
- Email summary and signal reports to send to referral physicians or other relevant parties
- Extended report containing additional overview of respiratory data
- Prescription page streamlining process for healthcare professionals.
ApneaLink Air automatically analyses and derives AHI, flow limitation and snoring data. It can then automatically generate a simple, easy-to-interpret report with a colour-keyed AHI or Risk Indicators for the clinician to review.